Turkey Sweet Potato Hash
Time: 45 minutes
- Sweet Potatoes (1/2 inch slices) - 2 Medium
- Apple (1/2 inch slices) - 1 Medium
- Source Cream (Low-fat) - 1/2 Cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Canola Oil - 1 tbsp
- Onion (Chopped) - 1 Medium
- Skinless Chicken or Turkey (Diced) - 3 Cups
- Thyme - 1 tbsp (fresh) or 1 tsp (dried)
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Pepper - To taste
- Add sliced sweet potatoes to salted water and bring to boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add apple slices and cook for another 3 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Take one cup of drained mixture and mash in a large bowl.
- Add source cream and lemon juice and mix together.
- Add remainder of mixture and gently mix, set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened around 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced chicken/turkey, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook until heated through around 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato mixture to pan and mix with chicken/turkey.
- Flatten out the mixture and press down with a spatula, then cook until bottom is browned around 3 minutes.
- Flip the hash over and brown the other side for another 3 minutes, then serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- 214 Calories
- 23g Protein
- 14g Carbohydrates
- 7g Fat
- 2g Fiber
This recipe is part of the 1600 calorie 7 Day Weight Loss Diet at HealthierHabits.net